Thursday, February 2, 2012

Project Me: Getting Better...

The only Project Me topic I've been focused on this week is getting better. I have felt puny since I developed a cough and congestion last Thursday. Since then, I've spent the majority of my time in bed, or, now that I am back to work and feeling somewhat better, on the couch in the prone position. From that position, I have had a lot of time to contemplate my living room. See below for a few of my favorite views from the couch:


Row 1: The television (Criminal Minds tonight), of course, along with my new mantel tableau, which includes two vessels handmade by me, a framed print that once belonged to my grandma, a segmented box from my grandma's house, random natural objects, and what I choose to refer to as my "mantel clock."

Row 2: 1) My most favorite garage sale find ever - a green Frankoma shell vessel. This baby became mine for the high price of $2.00 and kicked off a love affair that's still going strong; a wooden vase hand-turned by me; Memory Box, a printer's drawer customized by me; garage sale pillows; and vintage radiator native to my apartment. 2) A red purse beside a woven basket under the coffee table I borrowed from my grandma years ago.

Row 3: 1) Just a few of my books accompanied by framed photos of my family and me, a ceramic bowl filled with a variety of seed pods, a shoe sole, and a silver spray painted replica of The Thinker. Kitschy, no?; 2) The gorgeous light fixture came with my apartment. I wish I could take it with me when I move. 3) The door to my porch with feathers originally featured here.

What objects in your own home do you admire on a regular basis? I would love to take a peek!

I hope you are all having a lovely Thursday night,

Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment